Four years ago I did something pretty courageous. I followed my heart and divorced my husband of 16 years. It was single handily the most terrifying thing I've ever done.
A week after leaving the courthouse with the final divorce decree in hand I found myself on stage with Oprah Winfrey and my favorite author in the whole wide world Martha Beck. Her monthly column in O Magazine and her book "Finding your own North Star" gave me the courage to follow through with this life changing decision. After telling Martha my dreams of someday becoming a life coach she invited me to her next training session a few weeks later. The next hurdle was facing my fear of flying and my doctor prescribed 6 little pills that were sure to calm any nerves I might encounter during the 4 hour plane ride.
After my training I never needed medication to calm my jittery nerves. What I learned is that I'm able to speak loving thoughts to that part of my being that gets scared and jittery when the plane begins barreling down the runway. The instant the plane begins to lift off the ground I feel all panicky inside and have learned to start counting how long this fear grips every part of me. It's normally 4 to 7 seconds. After doing this the first time I realized I had let 10 seconds of fear keep me from flying for more than 6 years.
What I learned from the divorce is that I am the only one responsible for my happiness. I get to choose how I live my life and who I allow to love me. I also realized that I most deserving of an amazing relationship with a man who loves every part of his life. I'm also able to attract this incredibly handsome man into my life and he's my bestest friend in the whole world.
I'm worthy of sharing my life with someone who wants what's best for me and encourages me to face my fears every single day. I'm worthy of being loved by an incredible human being and I'm capable of loving him totally and completely without any reservations or fears. Together we make the world a happier place. Everyone who sees us instantly feels the love we share with one another and in that way we inspire them to love honestly and completely.
The good part is that you can live a life like this. You too can commit to being the love of your life by speaking kind words of love to yourself. You too can focus on loving your life knowing that this type of conscious living can only attract like minded people and circumstances to you. Try it today.
List 3 ways you can be kinder and more living to yourself and do it. When you take one little step towards loving you just a little bit more you consciously allow a whole lot more love to start flowing effortlessly into your life.
Let me know if this helped you in any way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment